2002 Governor’s Showcase
Come, Look at Louisville - spend a day and see the opportunities for the future!
The City of Louisville received the 2002 Governor’s Showcase Community Award for outstanding community development accomplishments attributed to the comprehensive approach in community development and the ability to access various financial and human resources.
In the news: Louisville is a Platte River gem
Vibrant, Full-Service Community with “big town” location accessibility
Louisville is a community of approximately 1,200 located only 30 minutes from downtown Omaha or 30 minutes from downtown Lincoln. Our Historic Main Street featuring a business district any town would be proud of. In addition, Louisville has a fire protection class six rating.
We welcome you to call our City Office for more information (402)-234-7705. The location of the city office is: 210 Main Street and the mailing address is: PO Box 370, Louisville, NE 68037. Louisville is an excellent place to raise a family or start a business. Come, see our “Showcase Community!”
Louisville is within 10 minutes of:
- 3 Nebraska State Parks - Louisville State Recreation Area (local), Platte River State Park (5 minutes) & Mahoney State Park
- 3 Golf Courses - Quarry Oaks, Tiburon & Grandpa’s Woods
- Strategic Air & Space Command Museum
- Schramm Park - Aksarben Aquarium
- Lee G. Simmons Safari Park
- Cornhusker Country Music Theatre (local)
- The Lofte Theatre
- Louisville Art Gallery (local)
- Louisville Public Library (local)
- Cass & Sarpy County Fairgrounds
Louisville, NE is located on hwy 50 just South of the Platte river. Click here to get driving directions at Yahoo! maps web site.
- Christ Lutheran Church ELCA
15616-84th (Hwy 66) Louisville, NE
Services — Sunday 10:30 am
- Immanuel Lutheran Church Missouri Synod
36712 Church Road, Louisville, NE
Services— Sunday 10:30 am
- United Methodist Church
222 Walnut Louisville, NE
Services Sunday 9am & 11am
- First Christian Church
304 Main Louisville, NE
Services Sunday 10:00 am
- St. Patrick’s Catholic Church
101 Broadway Manley, NE
Services — Sat- 5:00 pm, Sun.- 11 am
- St. Joseph's Catholic Church
100 S 9th St, Springfield, NE
Services — Sat - 5:00 pm, Sun.- 9 am
Utility companies with local service:
- Omaha Public Power District - Electrical
- Aquila - Natural Gas
- Alltel —Phone, Internet access
- Charter Communications — Cable, High speed internet
- Waste Management — Trash & recyclables
- City of Louisville — Water & Sewer
- Senior Citizens
- Girl Scouts & Boy Scouts
- American Legion & Auxiliary
- Volunteer Fire & Rescue Department & Auxiliary
- BUILD (Businesses United in Louisville Development)
- Softball/Baseball Parents Association
- Numerous Parents organizations at the Louisville School
Louisville Public Schools
- Small class sizes - averaging 15 students per class
- An average of one computer for every 2 students
- Leading the conference with students scoring 26 or higher on ACT test scores for past 3 years
- One of the lowest tax levies in Cass County
- New & remodeled facility; bond issue paid prior to passing a new one
- An experienced administrative team with an average of 19 years
- Elementary programs available before and after school
- Conference Quiz Bowl champions six years straight (1996-2002)
- Offers college credits through distance learning labs at high school
Louisville Public Library: Large re-modeled, fully equipped library with computer and internet service. Weekly children’s story time.
Parks and a New Baseball /Softball Complex: The City Park has horseshoe pits, tennis and basketball courts, in addition to a shelter and playground equipment. The new Baseball/Softball complex is complete with batting cages and playground equipment.
Senior Center: Daily lunches followed by activities including bingo, cards and guest speakers. The Senior Center is also available to rent for receptions, reunions and parties.
Louisville Care Community : 61-bed Long Term Care and Assisted Living facilities owned and operated by the city. Recently renovated and expanded to provide care for your loved ones. Conveniently located 10 minutes south of I-80 on Hwy. 50. Come see for yourself, care-giving at its finest!
Places to Eat
Main Street Cafe: Sit down family restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Blake’s Soda Fountain: Located on the west side of Main Street, Blakes serves soups, sandwiches, burgers, and a variety of ice cream specialties. Phone: 234-4095
Gambino’s Pizza: Gambino's offers a salad bar, a variety of pizza, pasta, deli style sandwiches and ice cream dishes for dessert! Comfortable dining or carryout available. Phone: 234-6100
Lighthouse Tavern & Eatery: Full service restaurant featuring a family style menu with fried chicken and B-B-Q ribs as favorites. Located in Cedar Creek, NE. Phone: 234-2205
Award-winning Uncle Earnies BBQ : A great place for burgers in a relaxing atmosphere! Located in Cedar Creek, NE. Phone: 234-3632
Round the Bend Steakhouse & Saloon : Featuring a Friday night special of all you can eat fish and a Saturday prime rib special. Located in South Bend, NE. Phone: 944-9974
Louisville Lakes Concessions: Serving breakfast, grill items and frozen treats. Located in the Louisville State Recreation area on Highway 50. Open Spring through Fall. Phone 234-2368
Mrs. T’s Dari Crème: Creating your favorite ice cream dishes along with a sandwich menu. Located across from the fire station. Open Spring through Fall.
Financial, Investing & Insurance Services:
Real Estate & Construction Services:
Personal Care Services:
Other Quality Services:
- Krambeck Photography
- Barnes Photography
- Snow Dog Printing & Signs
- Affordable Plumbing
- Louisville Marine, Inc.
- The Wash House Laundromat
- Louisville Car Wash
- Fussehnan-Wymore-Marshall Funeral Home
- Wirebuilt (Web page design)
- Video Hut (VCR & DVD rental)
- Farm House Bed & Breakfast
- Kupke Welding
- Omaha Public Power District
- Ash Grove Cement Company
- Trans Wood Transport, Inc.
- Cob Cover
- Workman Pre-Cast Concrete
New and Exciting Opportunities
- Excellent business location for servicing Omaha, Lincoln, Nebraska City and Plattsmouth.
- Acreage lots available in addition to a new housing development
You're invited on a journey with lasting value - come, Look in Louisville!